Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Setting up shop!

Well my sister has done it - she set up the Fabric-by-the-Yard website with a link to purchase things on etsy for now. I'm really excited to get things up and running, since I've been so busy selling since Thanksgiving! Orders are slowing down a bit now because everyone is shopping for gifts, not fabric.

I placed an Amy Butler home decor fabric order this morning and I ordered some chocolate lollipop from Anna Maria Horner, so hopefully all that will come before the end of the year. Also, I received a brand new bolt of my FAVORITE fabric yesterday from Alexander Henry - Mocca. LOVE IT. I wish it was edible! :)

I'm getting lots of positive feedback on my packaging, which is just fabulous! The sets of fabric have been referred to as little 'gifts in the mail'. I'm working on getting all my labels, packaging, ribbon and shipping materials all organized and ordered so that I can start the new year with a bang. I'm planning on setting up a shop on eBay too, so hopefully that will keep me busy with many orders a day.

I can't wait until Amy Butler's new line is available in March 2008.

No comments: