Wednesday, January 9, 2008

January 2008

Well I can't believe I haven't blogged ONCE over the Holidays. I guess I was busy doing other things like baking, shopping, wrapping, socializing, and being full of good cheer.

I have FINALLY started to receive my fabric orders. Boy, it is slow going - a few weeks (or a month!) between order date and actually receiving the bolts. At least now I know so I can plan better for the future.

In Seattle, when the calendar roles to January, everyone is ready for Spring. Which is, of course, totally ridiculous because it has only been Winter for all of TWO WEEKS! I'm more than ready to ditch the grays, browns, and blacks for green, yellow and pink! Let the Spring shopping commence! Everything feels new again and I just love it. Speaking of love...Valentine's Day is coming up and I found some absolutely fantastic pink and brown fabric. Dots, flowers, and stripes - a perfect combination. I hope someone buys them soon and makes something fabulous out of them so I can bask your craftiness!

February is also the month that I get to attend the NW Fabric and Notions show. Can't wait to see what is coming out soon. I heard through the 'fabric-vine' that Heather Bailey is coming out with 60 new fabrics. That's right, SIXTY. Oh, goodie, goodie. I think I need a bigger house...

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

After getting my shipment of AB's fabric, wanted to pass along one of my projects:

http://swiperbootsdora.blogspot.com/2008/01/what-i-did-what-i-did.html

Love the fabric, will be back to buy more!

Fabric-by-the-Yard.com said...

Gretchen,
Love what you made! I can't believe you did all that with my "scraps". You are a wizard! Thanks so much for showing me what you made; it's very satisfying to see the fabric 'come to fruition'. Glad you made excellent use of the quarter yard increments.